Friday, 2 May 2008

A Dictionary and an Empty Box from the MPH Sale

Yes, I went to the MPH Warehouse Sale and all I got was a RM10 dwibahasa dictionary and an empty box. I'd post a picture of my 'haul' here, but it really isn't THAT attractive a box.

SIIIGHHHHH... And there I was all ready to buy some books as a little birthday treat, but all I saw were books I was utterly uninterested in and a mess of non-fiction/self-help books mixed up in bins of uninteresting books by authors I'd never heard off. Oh well, at least the hall was air-conditioned...

Sigh, I think I'm beginning to lose faith in warehouse book sales these days, especially those by MPH... I don't seem to have the patience to go through bin after bin and scour each bin for good books anymore. These days I just take an overall sweep of a bin of shelf and if nothing catches my eye I just move on. If the bin is all messed up and the books strewn all over the place, I don't even bother moving them around anymore... sigh...

Now if Penguin were to do another one, that would be a different question altogether...

But anyway, if you MUST go to the MPH sale (who knows, YOU might find it more interesting than I did), then here are the details:



Oh, BTW, Kinokuniya is having a MONTH-LONG PROMOTION on EVERYTHING in their Comics Section... 20% off with another purchase! WOOHOO!!!

No comments: