Friday, 11 July 2008

Batman Week on EoE: A Gallery of Killer Jokers

It's been 24 hours since I saw The Dark Knight (movie Not-Review is HERE) and I still can't get the image of Heath Ledger's psychotically brilliant Joker out of my head.So much so that I actually went back and re-read every other Batman story I had that featured the Joker, starting of course, with The Killing Joke.

The Joker has always been MY favorite Batman villain for the simple fact that he is the most unpredictable one ever. All the other villains have their own predictable little gimmicks - The Scarecrow is always scaring, Mr Freeze is always cold, Poison Ivy is always green, the Riddler is always questioning. And don't get me started on The Penguin.

Anyway, My contest for the Nokia contest thingy is over, and I felt compelled to give out the answers to the pictures. So here they are...



First Row (from left):
  • Batman: Hush
  • Batman #1
  • Batman: The Killing Joke
Second Row (from left):
  • The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger)
  • Batman (Jack Nicholson)
  • Batman TV series from the 60's (Cesar Romero)
And there was originally a third row, but people complained it was too hard with nine pictures so I cut it to six instead. For all its worth, the last three Jokers were from the following cartoons:
  • Batman Beyond
  • Justice League
  • The Batman
There are also a whole lot more versions of Jokers out there, including a Lego one, and a whole slew of comic ones. I'm not gonna name them all, but I AM going to say that Heath Ledgers' joker in The Dark Knight IS one of the best incarnations of the Clown Prince of Crime EVER, in ANY MEDIUM.

So yeah, go watch it when the movie opens er... next week. Heh.

No comments: