Monday, 28 July 2008

Eyeris @ Comic-Con: Third Day Laze

And so it was that the third day of SDCC came, and I was too lazy to go rushing around the panels and talks anymore.

There was nothing much on anyway, since all the cool ones had already been held on Friday and Saturday. The most notable ones today were the Supernatural and the Smallville panels, and I'm not really THAT big a fan of those shows, really.

So what did I do today? Well, for one, I actually went to the convention center EARLY for once, at 10am, and for the first time I managed to get my grubby hands on a col GINORMOUS canvas bag that had Supernatural and Smallville on them. I wish I'd gotten the Watchmen on they were giving out on Friday or the Pushing Daisies/Chuck ones yesterday, but one ginormous bag is better than nothing, eh?

So, since I was too lazy to go around the panels anymore, I spent the day just wandering around the exhibition hall taking pictures and collecting swag. I got more posters (mostly TV shows posters though), and some other goodies.

Oh, I DID manage to get some of the stuff I brought here autographed though. I was lepaking at the DC booth the same time Grant Morrison was doing signings there. I lucked out because I managed to convince the security to let me in to sign JUST ONE THING PLEASE PLEASE PLASE and they agreed because Mr Morrison still had a couple of minutes to spare. So I am now a proud owner of a signed copy of Batman: Gothic #1. Whee!!!

I was also around the Icon comics booth, and came across some Kabuki comics and a bust. I asked how much the bust was, and the guy at the booth in turn asked me whether I had read 'My comics". Yes, HIS comics. the guy was non other than David Mack himself, the writer and artist of Kabuki. And I didn't even know that. I told him yeah, I kinda liked them, and a few of my friends back home are also huge fans of it; and he was nice enough to give me a couple of free copies of Kabuki: The Alchemy AND signed them for me too. What a nice guy, huh?

Ok, fine, I also bought that bust, which is probably partly why he was so generous too. But he IS a rather nice guy, actually.

Other than stalking famous comic artists, I also went around taking pictures of toys and people in weird costumes. But those pictures are for the next post. I'm too lazy to go through them and edit them right now. Besides, I gotta go tally up the final freebie count. WHEE!

No comments: