Tuesday, 29 July 2008

WORST. BEER. EVER.

I'm still in San Diego, where I've just completed a marathon session of roundtable interviews which turned out to be the most fun I've had in a roundtable interview ever.

After that, I came back to the room, and despite it being a fairly good day outside, I was just too lazy to go out, and decided to stay in the room to transcribe my interviews instead.

Halfway through, I decided to get a beer from the minibar. Now, I had a choice between Heineken and an American beer called Miller Lite. Since I've had way too much Heineken in Amsterdam already, I decided to give Miller Lite a try. After all, it proudly proclaims on the can that it won the gold award in the World Beer Cup four times before, so it can't be bad, right?

WRONG.

That bloody can of piss turned out to be by far the WORST BEER I have EVER tasted.

If you think Bud Light, Royal Stout or even Anchor tastes bad, you ain't tasted Miller Lite yet. Heck, I couldn't even bloody FINISH it, and you all know what a sacrilege I think it is NOT to finish your beer.

What does it taste like? Fuck knows, but it sure don't taste like beer, that's for sure. It's not bitter, sweet or even remotely anything. Heck, it's more like beer-flavored water than anything. Think a REALLY REALLY watered down Anchor. Or a mixture of beer and that sparkling mineral water that Europeans are so fond of. THAT'S how it tastes like.

And the alcohol content? WHAT alcohol content? It's supposed to have 4.2% alcohol, but heck, even JOLLY SHANDY probably has more alcohol kick than this piss.

FUCK knows how it managed to win all those Gold Awards in the World Beer Cup. Oh wait, it won for 'Best American-Style Light Lager'... well, if THIS is the best of the American lagers, I don't really want to taste the rest lor...

On the upside, I tried this pretty awesome Fat Tire Amber Ale at the Cheesecake Factory the other day, which I think is one of the best ales I've tried so far. Not bad for an American beer...

No comments: