Friday, 1 August 2008

Eyeris @ Comic-Con: Drooling Over Very Cool Collectibles

Any collector worth his salt will know that San Diego Comic Con is THE place to be when it comes to the latest and newest toys or collectibles. Almost all the major and minor toy companies come here to debut their new stuff, and to show off some of their old stuff as well. All these years I've been a toy/collectible collector, I've always looked forward to SDCC, so that I know what to expect and what to (maybe) buy in the coming year.

This year, it was great to actually BE at SDCC to see the toys for myself, instead of just scouring the net looking at blurry pictures.

And since I'm kinda lazy to write much today, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. the following are actually my personal favorites of the entire show, so if you want pictures of say, the LEGO or more of the Transformers (my own pictures were too blur, dammit), then you'll have to go look elsewhere..

My favorite booth of all, was the Gentle Giant booth, where they had a whole lot of VERY cool stuff. I was especially excited to see that they're coming up with a range of Pixar statues, like this WALL-E here:



They also had a ton of cool busts from Star Wars, LOTR, and Hellboy, but one of the coolest displays they had was this Star Wars chess set:



Holy shit, I gotta get me one of those.

My next favorite was the booth of my favorite toy company of all - Sideshow. They had 12" figures, Premium formats, and statues, and Dioramas, and the picture below are my personal favorites in the whole booth:



Those Vega and Gandalf vs Balrog pieces are just too awesome for words, man.

Then, there was the DC Direct booth, which had some great Joker stuff:



My favorite Batman Black & White line:



The all-new Watchmen line:



And this very very drool-worthy set of bookstands based on Dream and Death:



Looking at these bookstands made me wish I really had more money. :(

And then, over at the Kotobukiya booth, was this god-awesome brilliant Cinemaquette of Bruce Lee:



Tell me that isn't the greatest likeness of Bruce Lee EVER.

Over to more er... kiddie stuff, I was dismayed by the sheer number of new Cars to expect from Mattel:



Dismayed because I really want to own all of them. :P

And of course, the Transformers:



That Ultra Magnus is the only clear shot I could get, sorry. Tformers probably have better shots.

Anyway, that's all for now. I gotta go pack my bags for the long trip home... sigh....

No comments: