Friday, 8 August 2008

PIXAR WEEK 2008: Why I Love Cars So Much

It baffles me somewhat that almost everyone I've asked before has said that Cars is probably Pixar's worst film.

Ok, so they don't usually mean that the movie is bad, they just think that it's not as good as the rest of the movies Pixar has made.

Well, I beg to differ. I LOVE Cars. And I think it's HUGELY underrated. While I may not know which Pixar movie is my FAVORITE of ALL, I do know that Cars is one that I can watch over and over and over again without getting bored of it. I've actually lost track of exactly how many times I've watched the show - heck, I even watched it during flight to AND from LA, and laughed at the jokes each time.

So, in the spirit of forcing my opinions down your throat whether you like it or not, I'm here to tell you why I love Cars so much. So here goes...
  • I love how everything in the movie is human, but turned into cars instead.
  • The little Bugs!
  • The part where Sally tells Lightning about Radiator Springs in its heydey, and it goes into flashback mode with the song Our Town... it's the most touching moment of the film, and never fails to bring a tear to my eye.
  • The crash during the opening race... always fun to watch the expressions of all the cars.
  • "Hey, they're just using the same actor over and over again! What kind of cut-rate production is this?"
  • Mater! Some people think he's annoying. I think he's damn funny.
  • The final race, when both Lightning and Doc go, "Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beamer".
  • Luigi and Guido! "Luigi follow only the Ferrari." "Pitstop!"
  • The first appearance of Filmore and Sarge, staring at the traffic light - when Filmore says, "I tell you man... every third blink is slower..."
  • The toys! I can't get enough of them die-cast model cars!


Will add more when I think of more!

No comments: