Monday, 22 September 2008

Emmy Gonna Get Me Some Of Those Shows

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUANIE!

Ok, now we've got that out of the way, on to regular blogging transmission. The Emmys have been awarded. And my favorite shows like Pushing Daisies, Amazing Race, House all got awards. But most of the shows that got the bulk of the awards were shows I'd never heard of before. Oh, I've HEARD of them before, but just never got around to WATCHING them, on account of them shows being shown in the US and not here.

Anyway, here's some of the more notable shows that I haven't really watched, which got awards today.

-----------------------------------------------------


Mad Men

Awards:

Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Writing, Drama


What I Think of It:
I've already got the entire series, and am currently acquiring the second season. I have to say that it IS an outstanding drama, if a little annoying at times. It's set in the 60's advertising industry, and comes with all the sexism, racism and what not that was abundant in that era. But the writing for the show IS damn good. Though I can't watch too many episodes of it at one go, on account of me always wanting to scream at all the prim and properness of it all. Gah.

-----------------------------------------------------


30 Rock

Awards:
Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actress, Comedy (Tina Fey), Outstanding Lead Actor, Comedy (Alec Baldwin), Outstanding Writing, Comedy

What I Think of It:
I like it. I mean, I've only watched like three whole episodes of it, but I like it. And Tina Fey is funny. Funny AND hot. You don't see funny AND hot chicks on TV anymore. Not since... er... Who cares. Tina Fey. Yeah. Woot woot.

-----------------------------------------------------


Damages

Awards:
Outstanding Lead Actress, Drama (Glenn Close), Outstanding Supporting Actor, Drama (Zeljko Ivanek)


What I Think of It:

I've watched all of ONE episode of this show on Astro, and from what I can see, it's got good acting (like duh, look at the awards it won), and a pretty good story. But somehow it never appealed to me. Maybe it's just because I was watching an episode midway through the series so the story didn't make much sense. Or maybe there were no hot lawyers in business suits in that episode. Heh.

-----------------------------------------------------


Breaking Bad

Awards: Outstanding Lead Actor, Drama (Brian Cranston)



What I Think of It:

I honestly don't know. I mean, I've only got the ENTIRE first season, and don't even know if it's been renewed for a second season. Heck, I don't even freaking know what it's about. Maybe I should get around to watching it next...

-----------------------------------------------------


John Adams

Awards: A whole bunch of em. Too many to count, and I'm too lazy to list them here.


What I Think of It:
A miniseries starring Laura Linney and Paul Giamatti, based on the life of John Adams and the first 50 years of the United States of Amer.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

No comments: