Thursday, 11 September 2008

KY Is The New Face of Maybank2U!!!

KY has really outdone himself this time.

Not only was he invited together with a bunch of us to preview the new Maybank2U, he also got himself chosen as the all new mascot of Maybank2U!

Check it out!



That patented KY-hamsap-look is unmistakable, no? AHAHAHAHA!

I have to agree with Suanie though - they definitely need to change the look of M the 'friendly financial agent' mascot thingy needs to be changed.

I mean, look at him:



Does he look like a guy you'd want to ask financial advice from? He looks like an perverted dildo, fer gawds sake!

Anyway, like I said, we got to preview the new Maybank2U site (a.k.a. M2U 2.0), and I have to say it looks hell of a lot nicer than it used to be. One thing I really hated about the old M2U was how boring and cluttered it looked. Sure, it was functional, but boy was it messy.

This is the old M2U:



Wahlau, it gave me a headache just looking at all the text and all-over-the-place. I never even bothered reading the rest of the page, just went straight to the LOGIN part.

Now, check out the NEW M2U:



Ooooo pretty. It's a lot less cluttered now, that's for sure, and very much more pleasing to the eye. HEck, it actually looks more like a BLOG than an online banking portal.

Though I don't get why only the TOP part of the background is black, while the bottom part is white. It's a little disjointed. An all black background would be nicer, me thinks. (But then that's just me, I like black backgrounds a lot, can you tell?)

Anyway, we were supposed to do three things to help them 'test' the site - pay a bill, transfer some money to another account, and transfer money to other banks.

And you know what? Everything worked the same it did before! Duh. After all, the back end of the system is unchanged, so long story short, it works the same way the old M2U did, with no glitches so far (that I found lar. Probably need to poke around a bit more to see if there are any other bugs).

What HAS changed is that it certainly is a lot easier to navigate the site now. Everything is labeled nicely, there is less clutter around the site, and I managed to find the links I needed to do what I needed to do without much hassle, unlike the OLD one where I spent more time looking for the links and cussing than actually banking.

So you COULD say that the new M2U is less F-U, more 4 U (haha, I so crever I came up with that all by myself).

So far so good then, if the final product comes out like this, and the ads they insert doesn't clutter up the page too much, I might actually start using M2U regularly again. But then again, I'd need to get more money in that account first though.... anyone care to donate some? :D

No comments: