Monday, 20 October 2008

The Sickest Hand of Poker I've Ever Played

Sorry if you don't play poker, guys, but the final hand of last night's session was too incredible NOT to blog about it.

What happened was this... four players on the table left, one goes all in (that would be me), and the other three followed suit. And that's a REALLY big pot.

We all opened out cards, and this is what it looked like. Behold.... the sickest poker hand I have ever played:



(Clockwise, from bottom left:)

1) Vincent, who had the highest possible flush - five diamonds with an ACE. Ironically enough, it turned out to be the SMALLEST hand of the lot. Because...

2) I had FOUR BLOODY SEVENS. Which in case you didn't know, is bloody STRONG, beating even...

3) A FULL HOUSE - 3 sixes and 2 sevens; which the other player, Cam, had.

Long story short so far, Vince's flush was spanked by Cam's full house, which in turn was trumped by MY four sevens.

At this point, I thought I'd won, and was getting ready to rake in the chips. THEN my brother opens HIS cards....

4) Five, six, seven, eight, nine. All diamonds. A FUCKING STRAIGHT FLUSH.

Which basically DESTROYED everyone else, including MY bloody FOUR SEVENS. ARRRRGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Now, is THAT a fucking great hand of poker or WHAT?

No comments: