Tuesday, 25 November 2008

MUSICLARITY: A Fairytale Killer Third Album



Nope, no Jiwang Tuesday post today. Don't feel very jiwang today, sorry. Haha.

Anyway, I reckon I'm one of a very rare few who actually thought the Killer's second album, Sam's Town was an improvement over Hot Fuss (with the exception of that brilliant, brilliant Mr. Brightside, of course); even though I kinda DID like some tracks in Hot Fuss as well. For me, Day & Age is kinda like a melding of both album's styles, resulting in an album that combines the catchiness of with the Americana ambition of Sam's Town. And I LIKE IT.

I've been rather fascinated by the new album since last week when I er... acquired it, and I think it's very much worth getting the CD for. If not for the music, then for the distractingly fascinating and colourful album cover. I'm a sucker for nice looking album covers, ok?

The music's not bad either. My favorite's so far are the first three - Losing Touch, Human and Spaceman; and This Is Your Life. But the cream of the crop has to be A Dustland Fairytale, which to me is a great combination of entertaining lyrics, a catchy tune, as well as the perfect mixture of Hot-Fuss-Killers and Sam's-Town-Killers. So... here ya go!

Acquisitions:
Killers, The - A Dustland Fairytale
(From Day & Age)


DISCLAIMER: All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only. So don't be an irresponsible pirate - if you really like the songs, be sure to buy the album also, ok? BTW, if you have a problem with the mp3s I've listed on the blog and want me to take them down, please email me at eyeriz@gmail.com, and I'll remove it at once.

No comments: