Monday, 8 December 2008

How To Wake Up By Writing A lot Of Nonsense

Today's the type of day where you just don't wanna do anything but lie in bed all day and sleep. Which is what I did, all the way until 3pm which is when I woke up and decided to slap myself into doing some writing by at least writing some nonsensical junk on the blog first just to get the fingers warmed up for some hardcore er.. transcribing. I have a lot of stuff to transcribe, and a lot of deadlines to catch but the mood to write has just not been there for a while. It's not writer's block, just a lazy block I think. It's a habit I really need to get out of especially with the year end coming and all those deadlines looming. I don't really wanna start drowning in words and get all my stories mixed up. Might start writing about Donnie Yen going to Kelantan and helping women with breast cancer enrol into private Chinese schools where they learn how to use GPS and watch movies by Frank Miller. No wait, that would be one heck of a story but I doubt my editor would be very appreciative of it, so that's that. I guess one way to do it is if I stop bloody freewriting right now and just start work but somehow once you start freewriting it kinda gets a little hard to stop and my fingers are all warmed up now and my head is clearing up so I don't feel like jumping back into bed like I've been doing every hour for the past half a day. Damn now I'm hungry so I guess I better go eat first or my stomach will be rumbling and I might accidentally write the 'hungry Donnie Yen' instead of the 'angry Donnie Yen', which would be damn funny but would still get me into trouble. Ok, time to go if you managed to read all the way until here, which I don't know why, don't you have anything better to do? Go sleep or something, oh, and Selamat Hari Raya Haji to all Muslim friends out there toodle doo, time to go makan. BYE!

No comments: