Click on the 'Song' button, register your email and country code, and you can download a NEW Coldplay song called VIOLET HILL, from their upcoming new album 'Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends'. No, I have no idea why they named it that either.
Anyway, there's more. Click on 'Artwork', and this is what you'll get.
Man, that is one sucky album cover.
But at least the song Violet Hill is pretty good. At first listen, it's nothing like anything in the past two albums, and is actually pretty catchy too. After a couple more listens you do catch the distinct Coldplay trademarks in the song. And based on that song, I think my enthusiasm for the new album just went up a notch. Or maybe half a notch.
Wow, first Mrs. Chris Martin turns in a decently hot performance in Iron Man, now Chris Martin himself actually puts some decent vocals in a decent song without overloading it with his usual falsettos... What next, Apple to come up with her own album of kiddy songs?
Eyeris' Ongoing List of Songs You Have To Listen To in 2008
(** denotes newly added songs)
- A&E (Goldfrapp)
- Mercy (Duffy)
- ** We Hate The Kids (The Indelicates)
- The Last Significant Statement To Be Made In Rock 'n Roll (The Indelicates)
- Whose Authority (Nada Surf)
- ** Lonely Buoy (Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong)
- Oxford Comma (Vampire Weekend)
- ** Xavia (The Submarines)
- Chasing Pavements (Adele)
- Wrestlers (Hot Chip)
- ** Life Being What It Is (Kaki King)
- ** Of Monsters and Heroes and Men (James)
- ** New Art For The People (The Indelicates)
- Too Drunk To Dream (Magnetic Fields)
- Salute Your Solution (The Raconteurs)
- ** Violet Hill (Coldplay)
- Going On (Gnarls Barkley)