Thursday, 17 September 2009
(500) Days of Summer
Not a Review.
Here're (50) reasons you should watch this.
No, not on DVD or downloaded.
IN THE CINEMA.
Because small, brilliant films like this deserve to make more money.
1) Zooey Deschanel
2) It's a rom-com, but NOT a rom-com.
3) It's like the ANTI-rom-com
4) This is not a love story
5) But it IS a story about love
6) It's WAAAY better than The Ugly Truth
7) It's WAAAY better than The Proposal
8) Heck, it's WAAAY better than any rom-com this year
9) Like, no fairytale meetings,
10) No far-fetched plots to get the two together
11) No I-hate-you-you-hate-me-but-we-are-actually-in-love plot
12) It feels real and familiar
13) It feels like something YOU've been through.
14) or at least, something I went through
15) And it is one bittersweet, quirky, magical journey.
16) It'll make you happy
17) It'll make you sad
18) It'll make you laugh
19) It'll make you tear up
20) It'll make you wanna yell BITCH!
21) It'll make you singalong
22) It'll make you sigh for Tom's broken heart
23) It's quirky and inventive,
24) It's got some brilliant jokes
25) It's got some awesome gimmicks
26) And it's got pretty damn good acting
27) It's got Cobra Commander!
28) Best of all, it's got Zooey Deschanel
29) Zooey Deschanel's smile
30) Zooey Deschanel's voice
31) Zooey Deschanel's eyes
32) Zooey Deschanel's singing
33) Zooey Deschanel's laugh
34) Zooey Deschanel's heartbreakingly melancholic look
35) Zooey Deschanel's apartment
36) Zooey Deschanel's knees
37) Oh, and the music's brilliant too.
38) The Smiths
39) Belle and Sebastian
40) Simon & Garfunkel
42) Black Kids
43) Because nothing is pre-destined - it's all coincidence
44) Because if you've been in love before, you'll like this
45) Because if you've been heartbroken before, you'll like this
46) Because all of us have been through the same things before
47) Because sometimes you need to remember the bad parts as well.
48) Because life is full of ups and downs and love found and love lost.
49) Because life ain't like what Hollywood rom-coms makes it out to be.
50) Because if you don't watch it, I'll call you a bitch.