And seriously, I've never understood why albums can win 'Best Rock Album', 'Best Hip-Hop Album' and so on, and NOT be nominated for Album of The Year. Green Day beat Dave Matthews for Best Rock Album, and yet Dave Matthews was nominated for Album of the Year but not 21st Century Breakdown. WTF?
Anyway, here are some thoughts about the parts of the show I managed to catch:
- Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown won Best Rock Album. Take THAT U2 and Dave Matthews Band! Damn I need to catch the replay to watch them performing!
- Kings of Leon's Use Somebody won Record of The Year. Thank god Black Eyed Piss didn't win or there would have been hell to pay.
- Phoenix won for Best Alternative Album! This makes up (a little) for Arcade Fire not winning in 2007.
- SLASH! Playing part of the November Rain solo! (in the middle of some Jamie Foxx song that didn't even sound like a song).
- Was it just me, or did Taylor Swift's singing really suck during her performance with Stevie Nicks? Nicks must be wondering what she did to deserve this...
- And where the heck is Kanye West's ego when you need it? Taylor Swift winning Album of The Year is a real joke.
- Of all the Michael Jackson songs, why the HELL did they choose that boring Earth Song? To show off the stupid 3D thingy? Gee, even the Grammys are trying to Avatar themselves.
- And what the hell... letting Usher and Celine Dion to sing it? Smokey, Carrie and Jennifer Hudson were ok, but those two were just annoying. They should have just reenacted the whole We Are The World thing with modern artistes. That would have been one heck of a tribute.
- Zac Brown Band winning Best New Artist over MGMT AND the Silversun Pickups? Are the Grammy voters all OLD and SENILE? Oh yeah, wait, they are.
- Black Eyed Peas' performance was blah. And there were WAY too many country music and hip-hop performances for my liking, as usual.
- And while we're on the subject of country music... it's official: Bon Jovi has turned into a country music band. They even made Livin' On A Prayer sounded wussy.