YAAAY finally found a TV I can update in front of. Four awards behind, but better late than never! :D
Anyway, Here we go!
- First blood goes to the INGLORIOUS BASTERDS! Raise your glasses of milk to CRISTOPH WALTZ, who wins for BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR! Who didn't see THAT coming, huh?
- UP wins for BEST ANIMATED FEATURE!!! YAAAAY!!!!
- CRAZY HEART wins BEST ORIGINAL SONG. Time to get the soundtrack... (Poor Randy Newman. Two nominations in the same category and didn't win)
- HURT LOCKER won for BEST ORIGINAL SCRENPLAY. Damn I wanted UP to win...
- Wallace and Gromit lost the SHORT ANIMATED FILM award to LOGORAMA. :-(
- BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT goes to MUSIC BY PRUDENCE. Ho Hum... Oh, and the BEST LIVE-ACTION SHORT FILM went to THE NEW TENANTS.
- BEST MAKEUP goes to.... STAR TREK! (Ben Stiller is one scary Na'vi)...
- DAMN. District 9 lost the BEST ADAPTED SCRENPLAY award to PRECIOUS. No love for Sci-Fi. :-(
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS AWARD now.... and it goes to MONIQUE, for PRECIOUS! Damn, Penelope should have won for the hot hot solo dance scene alone...
- And AVATAR wins it's first of the evening... for BEST ART DIRECTION!
- And now for something less interesting: THE YOUNG VICTORIA won for BEST COSTUME DESIGN.
- Awards count so far. HURT LOCKER: 1. AVATAR: 1. PRECIOUS: 2. Big awards not out yet...
- Awesome tribute to HORROR. But WHAT THE FUCK WAS TWILIGHT DOING THERE????!!!????
- FIRST Avatar vs Hurt Locker smackdown goes to... HURT LOCKER for BEST SOUND EDITING!
- And it's two in a row! HURT LOCKER wins for BEST SOUND DESIGN!
- And so, HURT LOCKER takes the lead with THREE awards so far. PRECIOUS has 2, and AVATAR only one so far...
- AVATAR's probably a shoo-in for the BEST VISUAL EFFECTS award though... but before that, it wins its first smackdown with HURT LOCKER by snagging the BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY award!
- Great tributes to those who passed away last year. R.I.P. Roy E. Disney, Patrick Swayze, Britanny Murphy and the rest. And it was sweet that they included Michael Jackson in there too, WITHOUT havingto explain whether he was an actor, writer or what not. Wonder why no Farah Fawcett though...
- UP beats Avatar and The Hurt Locker for the BEST ORIGINAL SCORE award! YAAAAY!!!!!
- Told ya. AVATAR wins BEST VISUAL EFFECTS. Ho hum. It's three all for Hurt Locker and Avatar now... two each for Precious and Up.
- BEST DOCUMENTARY award. THE COVE. Not by Michael Moore. Phew.
- THE HURT LOCKER edges ahead! Wins BEST FILM EDITING.
- Now bring on the BIG AWARDS!
- But before that... BEST FOREIGN FILM goes to... Argentina's THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES!
- And they're introducing the BEST ACTORS now!
- THE DUDE WINS BEST ACTOR!!! JEFF BRIDGES is the BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE for his role in CRAZY HEART!
- SANDRA BULLOCK is BEST ACTRESS for THE BLIND SIDE!! Is she the first actress to win both a WORST ACTRESS RAZZIE and a BEST ACTRESS OSCAR in the same year?
- YES! KATHRYN BIGELOW is the first woman EVER to win a BEST DIRECTOR OSCAR, for the HURT LOCKER!!!! EAT THAT, CAMERON!
- WOW, that was short and sweet. THE HURT LOCKER wins BEST PICTURE, just like that. TAKE THAT, James Cameron! WOOHOO!!!
BEST PICTURE: The Hurt Locker
BEST DIRECTOR: Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker)
BEST ACTOR: Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart)
BEST ACTRESS: Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Cristoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Monique (Precious)
BEST ANIMATED FILM: Up
BEST FOREIGN FILM: The Secret In Their Eyes, Argentina
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: The Hurt Locker
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Precious
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: The Cove
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT: Music By Prudence
BEST LIVE-ACTION SHORT: The New Tenants
BEST ANIMATED SHORT: Logorama
BEST MAKEUP: Star Trek
BEST COSTUME DESIGN: The Young Victoria
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: Avatar
BEST FILM EDITING: Avatar
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Avatar
BEST SOUND EDITING: The Hurt Locker
BEST SOUND MIXING: The Hurt Locker
BEST ORIGINAL SONG: Crazy Heart
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: Up