Title: 5 Very Good Reasons To Punch A Dolphin In The Mouth (And Other Useful Guides)
Author: The Oatmeal
Synopsis (from The Oatmeal)
In the spring of 2009 Matthew Inman debuted his website The Oatmeal which became one of the most popular comics on the web, garnering millions of readers and nearly a quarter billion pageviews the following year. His website was subsequently turned into a book, and 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth is that book. It contains a year’s worth of comics, with a mixture of classic Oatmeal comics such as Why it's better to pretend you don't know anything about computers and How to use a semicolon, as well as plenty of brand new material that isn’t available online.
What I Liked:
- IT's The Oatmeal! What's NOT to like!
- Free poster!
- Greatest self-help book ever!
- It's got all sorts of awesome guides! Like how to prepare your pet for war! And why rabies is better than babies!
- Very educational. Like the 20 things you need to know about beer. and Coffee. and CHEESE!
- But some were damn stupid as well. Like how to use an aposthrophe. (Like, cm'on, who do nots know's how to use an aposthrophe, huh?) Oh waits.
What I didn't like:
- Ok, some of the comics were just too 'mou lei tou' to be funny.
- Not the free poster I wanted!
- I'd read most of the comics online before so at times I did feel a little er.. cheated.
Where to Buy it:
I got mine at Kinokuniya Singapore. Not sure if the KL bookstores have it (I haven't been to Kino KLCC in ages and Borders or MPH are usually hopeless), but I'm guessing you can probably order it from Kino, or alternatively, just buy it online from Amazon or The Oatmeal website itself.