Monday, 10 June 2013

This is Jimmy's Undamaged World. Eat it.



If Daft Punk's album sees them doing something completely different, Jimmy Eat World's latest album, Damage, sees them doing exactly the same thing they've been doing all along. That's by no means a bad thing, though. Jimmy Eat World are one of my greatest guilty pleasures because of their simple melodies, poignant lyrics and their uncomplicated emo rock.

While I don't want them to go all Kid A and experiment too much on their new albums, I do wish Jim Adkins and co would try and be a little less cookie cutter with their songs though. There are some good tunes here (my favorites are Appreciate and Damage) but too many of them sound nothing that stands out particularly like Sweetness and The Middle did on Bleed American, or 23 and Polaris on Futures.

As it is, Damage is uncomplicated and familiar stuff from Jimmy Eat World, and I have no complaints about that.

My favorite tracks:
- Damage
- Appreciate
- Please Say No
- I Will Steal You Back

No comments: