4) Oooh Easter eggs! Romanov! Extremis! Journey Into Mystery! Stark Industries! WHEEE!
5) Lola! La la la la Lola! More than meets the eye!
6) There's definitely some cloning involved here. How else can Robin Sherbatsky run S.H.I.E.L.D. AND get married to Barney Stinson in the same week?
7) The dialogue and script is just so fun and entertaining. No moody brooding heroes here, the whole team is just fun!
8) "With great power comes.... all sorts of weird crap" LOLOL
9) Ooooh, hot chick hacker. I like. She kinda reminds me of Elizaz Dushku.
10) Really, if you're a fan of The Avengers, comics, Marvel or comics in general, this is one excellent show. And it's worth it just to watch Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson. Altogether now: COULSON LIIIIVESSS!!
So, apparently FOX TV are developing GOTHAM, a TV series set in Gotham City, a "Smallville-esque" show focusing on a young Commissioner Jim Gordon. Won't be any Batman in it, apparently, but there'll be some of the supervillains. Not much details yet, but here are my initial thoughts:
1) OH MY GOD YES PLEASE.
2) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE base it on the Gotham Central graphic novels, or at least try to make it a crime procedural SET in Gotham, instead of JUST focusing on Gordon.
4) If they DO focus on the GCPD, I hope they manage to get Renee Montoya, Harvey Bullock all in there as well.
5) They already had a young Jim Gordon in Dark Knight Rises, of course, where he comforts a young Bruce Wayne, so it makes sense that he would be in a Gotham without Batman at first.
6) In Batman: Year One, Gordon comes to Gotham when Bruce Wayne is just starting out as Batman (not even got the costume yet at first). Will they use that version instead?
7) After the success of Arrow, this makes sense. After all, Batman's rogue's gallery is probably best suited for TV, because of their (mostly) non-superpower nature.
8) Assuming it lasts long enough, there SHOULD be a new Batman appearing in the show, right? Right? Right?
9) Will it be set in the same universe as Arrow or Smallville? Arrow's universe is more suitable, I think.
One thing I love more about book warehouse sales are book warehouse sales with LOT OF COMICS. And the Borders Sale at Citta Mall was one of those.
Was there yesterday, and there were tons of DC and Marvel stuff, some Vertigo, some Dynamite and Fantagraphics, and tons of manga too. It looks like Borders are getting rid of ALL their comics and graphic novel stocks (which admittedly were pretty pathetic in the first place).
And here's the best part: ALL the comic TPs are going at at SEVENTY PERCENT DISCOUNT, which means it's an average of RM15-18 per book.
I managed to snag a pile of Runaways TPs, Jack of Fables, Northlanders, Mouse Guard, Hitman, Green Lantern: No Fear, and a few others for a grand total of... RM230. And since I could also use my Maybank TreatsPoints for the purchase, I only paid about RM50 for them all. SCORE!
There are quite a lot of cool pop culture T-shirts as well, going for 25% off - I grabbed a V For Vendetta one, and a League of Mad Scientists one. There are also toys, stationaries, collectibles (got Star Trek bottle opener!) and of course, normal books, if you're into that sort of thing LOL.
The sale is until this Sunday, BTW. At Citta Mall, above McDonalds. If you're a comic fan, go. It's worth the bother.
PS: And yes, I posted this so I could get that bloody Justin Bieber off the top of the blog.
So, you know that awesome Kilkenny birthday party for our good friend Fireangel a couple weeks back?
The (co)organiser for that party was Suanie the Impossibly Great, and since she is so impossibly great and awesome, we've decided that for HER birthday in a couple weeks time, we'll be doing ANOTHER Kilkenny party for her as well, later this week!
More Kilkenny! More friends! More fun! WHEEE! Can't wait!
Once upon a time, I used to hang out in a pub with a relatively big group of friends, chilling and drinking Kilkenny all night. Ah those were good times. These days, everyone's too busy to get together as often, so whenever there is an occasion to celebrate, it's great to get the old gang together for drinks and a party.
Anyway, it was Fireangel's birthday recently, and Suanie decided we should get together and surprise her with a Kilkenny party! ("She likes Kilkenny, so let's go somewhere with Kilkenny!" were her exact words, I believe).
Here is a picture of Fireangel with a Kilkenny, just to prove that yes, she DOES drink Kilkenny. Hehe.
Anyway, Suan suggested we head to 42East in TTDI for the party, and so we did.
She had no idea that Suan was organizing this for her, so when her ahem, personal personal trainer brought her there, she was REALLY REALLY HAPPY to see us there. See how happy she is?
Here's a (somewhat blur shot, I REALLY need to get a better camera) of everyone who came for the party!
Fellow Boozy Bugger Horng was there:
Who spent most of the night taking artistic pictures of Kilkenny LOL
KY was there showing off his Kilkenny T-shirt he got from the Kilkenny Appreciation Night:
LC was there, and got a bit greedy at one point, hogging all the Kilkenny: